Sunday 26 February 2012

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon." — A.A. Milne


Today was beautiful!  The weather was amazing!  After much debate about whether to travel to Surrey for the Trade Show 'Unravel', it was finally decided, opportunity to miss?  I think not...  It was so small in there but cute and quite cosy!  I was rather excited about going as Millamia were there and one of the ladies that I hadn't met yet, so going was a perfect opportunity to have a chat with her and I got lots of compliments about my sewing and finishing skills!! 


I saw a lot of stalls that I am quite familiar with from going to other trade shows and fairs such as Ingrid Wagner, Toft Alpaca, Natural Fibre Company, The Dyers, Spinners & Weavers Guild, John Arbon and.....Suzie Johnson from The Wool Sanctuary!!! You may remember her from Kirsties Homemade Home, the cute little knitted house and the knitted letters at the beginning of the show?  That's Suzie!  and it's very exciting, her book is coming out in August!  What a little jem too, she gave me one of her kits that I have had my eye on since I first saw it on her blog, the Princess Margaret Scarf:


She is too good to me!  You can buy Suzie's kits on her website, this particular one is £36, I have had my orders, so I will be making a nice cuppa and starting it tonight! 

The show was just too cute!  There were little knitted goodies all around outside the show too!  How cute are these: 




It has definatley been an inspiring day!  I will be resting up tomorrow though as I have several blisters on the bottom of my feet!  :( Not a happy bunny, i'm not actually sure why I have them but I feel like I am walking on balloons!!  However, a perfect excuse to get some knitting done!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin







2 comments:

  1. Just cam over from your post on Suzie's page. Lovely photos - wish I could have gone.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Princess Margaret Scarf is a beaut, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...