Thursday 23 February 2012

" 'No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines,' said Dumbledore. 'I do so love knitting patterns." — J.K. Rowling

To say that I am loving my placement would be an understatement!  I've been working with Millamia for a month now and I am enjoying every minute of it and it looks as though I will be with them through the summer too!  Lots of exciting things going on including the new book 'Little Rascals' the collection was previewed at Stitches Trade show last weekend in Birmingham.  Millamia will also be at unravel this weekend in Surrey and the Stitch and Craft show (Olympia) in March.  I have been putting together some mood boards for up coming trends (Autumn/Winter 2012-13) which has been really fun!  Other ideas have surfaced too but its all hush hush, I don't want to give anything away!

So, apparently I am a Swiss darning addict!  Millamia are working on a pattern for a fun new project and we were deciding whether to use Intarsia or Swiss darning, in the end we decided on Swiss darning, so after stitching, unpicking and re-stitching a few times I got into the swing of it and now have a new obsession....


I absolutely fell in love with this little fella!


So, there you have it! Pretty neat if I must say so myself!  I have also been working on some of my own stock, I am slowly but surely getting there!  Exciting stuff!!

I must say I was rather appalled by an entry that I read on Tatty Divine's blog this week, Claire's Accessories have ripped off 5 of their designs!!! Shocking...go have a little look!

On another note I read on the web that J.K Rowling will be publishing a new book for adults, she said:

"Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world,"

I am so excited about this I think that she is an amazing writer and if its just as good as Harry Potter I will be first in line for a copy when it is released!

Ohhh and before I forget follow me on Pinterest another new found addiction!!!  If you haven't already, get it!  There are some amazing ideas and it is full of inspiration.  Time for a bit of crochet and tea for me I think!

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...