Sunday 4 September 2011

Bixa Orellana and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome...

Ok, so Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is taking over my life at the minute, I had surgery exactly a year ago yesterday and since about March/April this year, the pain keeps getting worse and worse, I also have a lump on the back of my hand which is worrying me, although it was diagnosed as a Ganglion Cyst two years ago, it doesn't feel like a cyst but a lump of bone?  Hopefully the orthopedic will be able to put my mind to rest when I finally get my referral, in the mean time I have had to take time off from my internship, which means not much dyeing going on at the minute!  However, I realised I did some dyeing in between weaving with fox fibre and dyeing with the tinctoria dyes and stupidly forgot to blog about them!

I have dyed with Bixa orellana aka Annatto seeds before but got a really muggy dull pinky/red colour and this time I wanted some astonishing oranges/terricotta colours.  So, I decided to give it another go and hurrah! it worked!! :)








What do you think of the results?  Hopefully my wrists will be fixed soon so I can get some more dyeing and knitting done!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind compliment. Good luck with your wrists! I hope it gets feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...